When system performance suffers, you need to know if it's due to your code, your infrastructure, or the underlying network. And you need to know fast, so you can focus your efforts. With network performance monitoring you can correlate and analyze application, infrastructure, digital experience, and network data all in one place, and understand how network performance and overall system performance impact each other.
Network performance monitoring is now included in the New Relic FedRAMP Moderate authorization!
Use the guided installs for SNMP and network flows to automatically detect and configure the FedRAMP-authorized API endpoints, or review the manual setup process in our docs for SNMP and network flows.
Using navigator with network performance monitoring.
Network performance monitoring adds the context of network data to the application and infrastructure data you already collect in New Relic One. By monitoring your network data, you can:
- Analyze and understand the performance of your entire stack (application and infrastructure) for a holistic understanding of your system performance.
- Have all the data in a single platform to eliminate blind spots.
- See at first glance whether a network is implicated in an issue.
No credit card required. Already have an account? Login.
You can monitor the following types of network performance data:
- SNMP data: Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is an application–layer protocol for exchanging management information between network devices. To send SNMP data to New Relic One, see Set up SNMP data monitoring.
- Network flow data: It captures information about the IP traffic going to and from network interfaces in your on-premises network. To send network flow data to New Relic One, see Set up network flow data monitoring.
We recommend configuring both SNMP and network flow data for better visibility into your network. This will provide both performance metrics and traffic patterns to troubleshoot and optimize your network.
Our solution is based on the ktranslate docker container developed by our partner, Kentik. This single container image is hosted in your environment to collect and process your data to be exported to the Event, Metric, and Log APIs and displayed in New Relic One.
Overview of network performance monitoring architecture.